About The Grabler Building
Converted into a seven story condominium in 2008, the coveted Grabler Building is an alluring prewar building located at 44 Laight Street in the Tribeca North Historic District. Built in 1896, this historic building, constructed with cast iron and masonry, was used by the Grabler Manufacturing Company. The condominium still bares the company's name on its facade, distinctly preserving the building's history.
44 Laight Street provides residents with a newly renovated mahogany and steel lobby designed by Bill Massie with a full time doorman, video security, and a key-locked elevator. The Grabler Building features 18 apartments with two or three units per floor, and each unit contains the original exposed brick walls, high-beamed ceilings, wooden joists, iron columns, oversized, arched windows, and wood-burning fireplaces. Its chef's kitchens are flawlessly designed and furnished with Gaggenau cooktops, Thermador wall ovens, and Miele dishwashers. The bathrooms are exquisitely constructed with marble double vanities, Kohler fixtures, and two-person Whirlpool tubs surrounded by Bisazza mosaic glass tile.
The Grabler Building is located on a quaint cobblestone block that provides easy access to Downtown Manhattan. Just steps away from Soho shopping, the Hudson River promenade, and the brand new Pier park and playground, it is no wonder this building is so sought after. All of Tribeca's attractions, boutiques, and restaurants, are close at hand.